6.0428 Natural Language Processing in Turkish (1/54)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Thu, 7 Jan 1993 12:17:44 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 6, No. 0428. Thursday, 7 Jan 1993.

Date: Mon, 4 Jan 93 18:05:02 +0100
From: ide@grtc.cnrs-mrs.fr (Nancy Ide)
Subject: Announcement of a List on NL Processing In Turkish

From: ko (Kemal Oflazer) <ko@trbilun.bitnet>
Subject: Announcement of a List on Natural Language Processing In Turkish

Dear Colleagues

We announce the formation of a mailing / discussion list
for natural language processing and computational
linguistics studies on the Turkish language. Detailed
information follows.

Kemal Oflazer Cem Bozsahin
Bilkent University Middle East Technical Univ.
Computer Engineering Department Computer Engineering Dept
Bilkent, ANKARA, 06533 TURKIYE Ankara, TURKIYE

e-mail: ko@trbilun.bitnet bozsahin@trmetu.bitnet
fax: (90) 4 - 266-4126
tel: (90) 4 - 266-4133

Turkish Natural Language Processing Discussion Group

The purpose of this list is to form a discussion group on natural
language processing (nlp) studies on the Turkish language. We welcome
all submissions that are on, or related to, (a) computer-based
analysis or synthesis of turkish, (b) application of linguistic
theories to the language, (c) linguistic tools and their applicability,
(d) implications/adaptation of current computational linguistic
models to turkish (e) announcements of relevant events (seminar, colloquia,
etc.) (f) announcements of software tools and databases such as
parsers, morpholgical analyzers, MRD's and lexicons, Turkish text
corpus, etc.

The list is not moderated at this time.
Contributions may be in Turkish, English or
any other language that may find an audience in the group.

To subscribe, please send a message to:
listserv@trmetu.bitnet
with
sub bildil <your name> <your lastname>
in its body.

To post articles, send your message to :
bildil@trmetu.bitnet

----- End Included Message -----