6.0243 History and Computing Courses (1/31)

Mon, 21 Sep 1992 07:41:48 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 6, No. 0243. Monday, 21 Sep 1992.

Date: 14 Sep 92 16:32:28 +0100
From: H4489Tur@HUELLA.BITNET
Subject: Qs: curricula of history computing courses

Dear Subscribers,

I am posting this request on behalf of a friend of mine,
Dr. Karoly Halmos. He is the head of a smaller center for
history computing of Eotvos Lorand University, Budapest,
Hungary.

He is organizing an undergraduate course on using computers
in history research and teaching. Since this is the first
such course in Hungary he has no experience in preparing
curriculum for it. Is there anyone "out there" who has
already organized such a course and ready to share his
experience with us? Dr. Halmos would highly appreciate any
kind of idea and/or help on forming this curriculum.

The centre (actually a room) is equipped with a local network
of four Macintosh computers and two separate IBM AT compatibles.

Since this centre has no e-mail facility yet, please send your
comments to my address and I will pass them on to Dr. Halmos.

Thank you very much for your kind help in advance.

Laszlo Turi

Address: Bartok Bela ut 57.
Budapest H-1114
Hungary