6.0223 Apologies from an Editor (1/20)

Sun, 13 Sep 1992 21:21:09 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 6, No. 0223. Sunday, 13 Sep 1992.

Date: Sun, 13 Sep 92 21:10:52 EDT
From: Elaine M Brennan <ELAINE@BROWNVM>
Subject: Apologies for Humanist's Unwarranted Silence

My apologies to all loyal Humanist readers who must have wondered what
kind of a black hole it was that we at Brown had fallen into. Neither
Allen nor I expected that Humanist would be silent so long -- we did
expect a brief hiatus (during a usually quiet time of the year), while
I drove from San Francisco to Providence; Allen was simultaneously
engaged in the arduous and exhausting tasks of grant writing and submission
which tend to preclude any other activities at all.

My return to Providence, however, was also marked with a descent into
unrelieved chaos that hasn't yet quite given up the ghost, but with
which I have come to a semi-harmonious agreement -- the chaos can have
90% of my attention and time for the foreseeable future; Humanist can
have a portion of the rest.

We now return you to (I hope) regularly scheduled Humanist postings;
my apologies to all of you who have suffered delays in seeing your
posts reach their public.

Elaine