6.0202 Qs: Indologists; Quotes and Stories; Paris (4/76)

Mon, 24 Aug 1992 15:34:37 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 6, No. 0203. Monday, 24 Aug 1992.

(1) Date: Tuesday, 18 Aug 1992 00:43:55 EDT (21 lines)
From: "Patrick W. Conner" <U47C2@WVNVM>
Subject: For Indologists

(2) Date: Tue, 18 Aug 92 23:10 GMT (12 lines)
From: George Aichele <0004705237@mcimail.com>
Subject: Borges Story

(3) Date: Wed, 19 Aug 92 22:07:54 EDT (14 lines)
From: lenoblem@ERE.UMontreal.CA (Lenoble Michel)
Subject: Apartment in Paris

(4) Date: Fri, 21 Aug 92 12:29 EDT (19 lines)
From: BMENK@ccr2.bbn.com
Subject: Help with a quote from Nietzsche

Date: Tuesday, 18 Aug 1992 00:43:55 EDT
From: "Patrick W. Conner" <U47C2@WVNVM>

One of the very best students I've had in years, a young woman from
India, wants to investigat the Grhyasutras (Mimamsa & Kumarila Bhatta,
if those words are relevant here) in connection with some other English
texts. Since our library can't begin to support this, she wants to know
if folks on HUMANIST could recommend such commentaries and critical
works as are both contemporary and highly regarded by Sanskritists.

Understandably, she doesn't want to begin work on the Grhyasutras by
requesting things through interlibrary loan which do not represent the
most profitable places to begin to acquaint herself with the works.

She reads English and French, most Indic dialects (Hindi is her native
language) and Sanskrit.

Any and all help appreciated.

--Pat