6.0132 Rs: da DAH; Sagas; Holocaust (3/41)

Mon, 13 Jul 1992 16:50:48 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 6, No. 0132. Monday, 13 Jul 1992.

(1) Date: Mon, 13 Jul 92 14:22:19 +0200 (12 lines)
From: Thierry van Steenberghe <VST@BUCLLN11.BITNET>
Subject: Re: 6.0081 Rs: da DAH da DAH da DAH

(2) Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1992 08:28 EST (10 lines)
From: MORGAN@LOYVAX.BITNET
Subject: Re: 6.0127 Rs: Icelandic Sagas

(3) Date: Fri, 10 Jul 92 20:09:03 CST (19 lines)
From: (James Marchand) <marchand@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
Subject: holocaust / Frankl

Date: Mon, 13 Jul 92 14:22:19 +0200
From: Thierry van Steenberghe <VST@BUCLLN11.BITNET>

In addition of the french 'et patati et patata' equivalent to da Dah da Dah
quoted by Michel Lenoble, there are several other equivalents used in french,
at least here in Belgium. I can't resist to add to the collection:
- 'bla - bla - bla' (shorter than the english 'blah - blah')
- 'et ta - ta -... ta' is also used, though not as frequently
- 'et tchic et tchac' is commonly used by walloon poeple
- I also sometimes hear 'etcaeteri, etcaetera'
TvS <tvs@etal.ucl.ac.be>