6.0112 Qs: Sharing Peripherals (2/37)

Wed, 1 Jul 1992 12:06:24 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 6, No. 0112. Wednesday, 1 Jul 1992.

(1) Date: Mon, 29 Jun 92 15:12:38 ITA (21 lines)
From: maurizio lana <LANA@ITOCSIVM>
Subject: how to share peripherals between Mac and Dos?

(2) Date: Mon, 29 Jun 92 18:26:13 ITA (16 lines)
From: maurizio lana <LANA@ITOCSIVM>
Subject: how to share peripherals between Mac and Dos, PART II...

Date: Mon, 29 Jun 92 15:12:38 ITA
From: maurizio lana <LANA@ITOCSIVM>

Because of some very interesting programs (Collate, Perseus, PAUP, Hyperbase) I
decided to buy a Mac. I already own a PC clone with CDROM, tape backup and so
on. Is there an effective and inexpensive way to connect the Mac to my clone so
that the Mac can access the CDROM and the tape backup?
By the way: are PC clones and related software some way 'losing the train'? Onl
y ten months ago I never would have thought of me as a person interested direct
ly in Mac software and hardware; but some very interesting software made me cha
mge my opinions; and on the PC side it's some time I don't see anything really
interesting.
Maurizio

MAURIZIO LANA | E-MAIL: LANA@ITOCSIVM.BITNET
CISI - Universita' di Torino | phone & fax: 39-11-837262
Via Sant'Ottavio 20 |
I-10124 Torino |