6.0095 Further Rs: On 'Discovery' (3/125)

Mon, 22 Jun 1992 16:32:29 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 6, No. 0095. Monday, 22 Jun 1992.

(1) Date: Thu, 18 Jun 92 19:08:37 EDT (24 lines)
From: lenoblem@ERE.UMontreal.CA (Lenoble Michel)
Subject: Re: 6.0091 More Rs: On 'Discovery'

(2) Date: Fri, 19 Jun 92 14:36:52 EDT (30 lines)
From: Eric Rabkin <USERGDFD@UMICHUM.BITNET>
Subject: 6.0091 More Rs: On 'Discovery' (2/28)

(3) Date: Sat, 20 Jun 92 13:00:48 -0230 (71 lines)
From: NNTP server account <usenet@morgan.ucs.mun.ca>
Subject: R: "Discovery" - who cares? I do!

Date: Thu, 18 Jun 92 19:08:37 EDT
From: lenoblem@ERE.UMontreal.CA (Lenoble Michel)

> My point is simply : there is no difference between something that has
> no impact and something that doesn't exist.

I doubt it. Take for example an unexploded atomic bomb...

The colonial conquest of the Americas has had a MAJOR IMPACT on
the native populations of the continent. Their relegions,
cultures, ways of life, languages, social organisations were next
to totally destroyed and irradicated. Beside these trivialities,
there was of course, officially, no impact reported.

--
Michel Lenoble           |
Litterature Comparee     |        NOUVELLE ADRESSE - NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS