6.0050 Qs: Psychology Diagnostic Tests; Latin Source (2/49)

Tue, 2 Jun 1992 14:52:00 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 6, No. 0050. Tuesday, 2 Jun 1992.

(1) Date: Tue, 2 Jun 92 03:29:48 -0700 (23 lines)
From: mitchelr@ucs.orst.edu (mitchell richard sociology )
Subject: Computer-based psychology diagnostics?

(2) Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1992 11:11:39 EDT (26 lines)
From: mlbizer@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Marc L. Bizer)
Subject: Latin source of Baif poem

Date: Tue, 2 Jun 92 03:29:48 -0700
From: mitchelr@ucs.orst.edu (mitchell richard sociology )

A psychologist-colleague without E-mail access asks for sugges-
tions. Her clinical specialization is with emotionally disturbed
children. She inquires if any self-administered, computer-based
diagnostic tests have been developed. Graphic projective
techniques like the "draw a person" and "draw a house" seem like
they might be amenable to computer usage. The idea is to locate
(or if necessary develop) tests free from administrator bias.
Any suggestions as to specific applications or relevant litera-
ture will be much appreciated. Is anyone familiar with computer
based therapy / problem solving software since ELIZA? Thanks.

Richard G. Mitchell
Oregon State University
Department of Sociology
Corvallis, OR 97331