6.0008 APA Electronic Bulletin Board (1/79)

Wed, 13 May 1992 21:58:14 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 6, No. 0008. Wednesday, 13 May 1992.

Date: Wed, 13 May 92 07:08:00 JST
From: "Saul Traiger" <traiger@cfi.waseda.ac.jp>
Subject: APA Bulletin Board

The American Philosophical Association (APA) invites you to use
its Internet-accessible bulletin board system. To access it,
initiate a telnet session and connect to atl.calstate.edu or
130.150.102.33 Once connected, type "apa" (without the quotes,
of course) at the login prompt. Follow the menus from there.

Note: Your system must support telnet. If you are unsure about the
capabilities of your host computer, please contact your campus systems
administrator.

[Below "<enter>" means hit the enter or return key.]

--------------------------sample session-----------------------

you type> telnet atl.calstate.edu <enter>

response> Trying...
response> Connected to atl.calstate.edu.
response> Escape character is '^]'.

response> UNIX System V R.3 (WINS) (atl.calstate.edu)

reponse> login:

you type>: apa <enter>

Bulletin board appears as below>

Bulletin Board of the American Philosophical Association

[1] Introduction
[2] News: To and from the National Office
[3] Philosophical Societies
[4] Grants, Fellowships, and Academic Positions
[5] Philosophical Calendar
[6] E-mail Addresses of the Membership
[7] Directories and Computer Resources
[8] Committee on Computer Use in Philosophy
[9] News from the Divisions

Electronic Bulletin Board for Members of the APA

System Administrator - Saul Traiger, Occidental College
*** For submissions and suggestions, send mail to traiger@oxy.edu ***

Last Update: 5/7/92

Please Enter a number, (q)uit, (m)ail, or (h)elp:

-------------------------end sample session-------------------

The board contains a list of e-mail addresses of APA members, a
Philosophical Calendar, news from the National Office,
information on joining the APA, and other items of interest to
the philosophical community. A simple unix mail system allows the
user to send mail to the bulletin board administrator. It is usually easier,
however, to send regular e-mail to me after you disconnect from the board.

Please contact me at either address below if you have questions
or if you experience difficulties using the board. I welcome suggestions,
including ideas about other places to post this announcement.

Saul Traiger Dept. of Philosophy/
International Division Cognitive Science Program
Waseda University Occidental College
Tokyo, Japan Los Angeles, California
traiger@cfi.waseda.ac.jp traiger@oxy.edu