5.0869 E-Analysis; E-Logic Lists; Biblio D/Bs (3/81)

Wed, 29 Apr 1992 21:56:30 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0869. Wednesday, 29 Apr 1992.

(1) Date: Tue, 28 Apr 92 14:55:08 PDT (31 lines)
From: cbf@athena.berkeley.edu (Charles Faulhaber)
Subject: Romanian metrical analysis

(2) Date: Wed, 29 Apr 92 12:48 EDT (21 lines)
From: Jean Veronis <VERONIS@vassar.bitnet>
Subject: e-lists on logic

(3) Date: Wed, 29 Apr 92 16:39:25 -0500 (29 lines)
From: Brian W. Ogilvie <ogil@midway.uchicago.edu>
Subject: Bibliographic databases for the IBM PC/clones

Date: Tue, 28 Apr 92 14:55:08 PDT
From: cbf@athena.berkeley.edu (Charles Faulhaber)

I am sending this message for a visiting
colleague, Mihai Pop, who is interested in
a metrical analysis of Romanian poetry.

He would like to know:

1) If any existing software would help him to carry it out.

2) Failing that, is there any suitable lexical software
which would allow him to specify stress and syllabification
so that he could then modify an existing program (developed
for Spanish) for the purpose.

3) Are there any machine-readable dictionaries of Romanian.

He seems to believe that he will have to set up a lexical corpus
of Romanian with stress and syllabification explicitly marked
in order to carry out a metrical analysis.

Any responses should go to:

mpop@qal.berkeley.edu

Many thanks,

Charles Faulhaber