5.0865 Qs: Grad Programs in Philosophy of Science (1/23)

Tue, 28 Apr 1992 17:38:56 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0865. Tuesday, 28 Apr 1992.

Date: Tue, 28 Apr 92 08:20 AST
From: Ramon <R_ALEMAN@UPR1.UPR.CLU.EDU>
Subject: Graduate Programs in Philosophy of Science

I am interested in doing graduate work leading to the Ph.D. in the
area of Philosophy or History of Science. I have a Master's degree in
Chemical Physics and am teaching a course in Physical Sciences for a
General Studies Faculty in which the emphasis is more in the historical,
sociological and developmental aspects of scientific revolutions such as
those related to Copernicus, Galileo, Newton, Einstein, Planck, Dirac,
Dalton, etc.

I have been following the discussions in Humanist for a few
months by now, and given the breadth of backgrounds and knowledge of
the participants, I would like to request information, recommendations,
and ideas for good graduate schools (both in the US or in Europe or
Latin America) who have good graduate study programs in areas such as
Philosophy of Quantum Mechanics, History of Science, Philosophy of
Science, etc.

Thank you in advance for all the guidance you can give me in
this matter.

Prof. Ramon Lopez-Aleman
University of Puerto Rico
R_ALEMAN@UPR1.UPR.CLU.EDU