5.0851 Rs: Afro-American E-Mail; Date Coincidences (4/90)

Wed, 22 Apr 1992 22:15:44 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0851. Wednesday, 22 Apr 1992.

(1) Date: 20 Apr 1992 20:55:55 -0400 (EDT) (24 lines)
From: Prof Norm Coombs <NRCGSH@RITVAX.BITNET>
Subject: African American email group???

(2) Date: Wed, 22 Apr 92 09:26:45 -0500 (37 lines)
From: Alan D Corre <corre@convex.csd.uwm.edu>
Subject: Easter and Passover

(3) Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1992 08:30:52 (10 lines)
From: koontz@bldr.nist.gov (John E. Koontz)
Subject: Re: 5.0847 Rs: ...; Easter/Passover Coincidence

(4) Date: Wed, 22 Apr 92 09:21:30 EDT (19 lines)
From: "Paul F. Schaffner" <USERGFNK@UMICHUM.BITNET>
Subject: Easter/Passover

Date: 20 Apr 1992 20:55:55 -0400 (EDT)
From: Prof Norm Coombs <NRCGSH@RITVAX.BITNET>

A recent posting asked if there were an African American email group. So,
far as I know there is not. I have been trying to start one for maybe a year
and a half. My institution is not too eager to use its listserve capability
in a major way. This might change now that we have better connectivity. I
think, however, it would be better to have a host institution where there was
an entire department related to African American studies. This would have the
person power to stand behind it. One college wanted to assist in the idea for
about a year but was unable to get its African American studies department
interested in electronic communication or not enough so to respond to the idea.

If someone with good connections can assist in providing a home, I'd be
eager to volunteer some person hours to assist in some of its functioning.

If I am wrong and there is such a group, I'd be very happy to learn that
also.

Norman Coombs
Rochester Institute of Technology