5.0596 New Lists (2/169)

Wed, 15 Jan 1992 20:14:40 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0596. Wednesday, 15 Jan 1992.

(1) Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1992 19:13:54 PST (144 lines)
From: "Don W." <webbd@CCVAX.CCS.CSUS.EDU>
Subject: HISTEC-L announcement

(2) Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1992 02:40:39 PST (47 lines)
From: "Don W." <webbd@CCVAX.CCS.CSUS.EDU>
Subject: New list announcement

Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1992 19:13:54 PST
From: "Don W." <webbd@CCVAX.CCS.CSUS.EDU>

From: CCVAX::PARAMSKASDM 30-OCT-1991 01:03:03.41
BSMTP id 3278; Tue, 29 Oct 91 17:29:15 EST
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1991 14:34:29 CET
Sender: History <HISTORY%UBVM.BITNET@UBVM.cc.buffalo.edu>
From: Thomas Zielke <113355%DOLUNI1.BITNET@UBVM.cc.buffalo.edu>
Subject: new lists
Comments: To: HistOwnr <histownr@ubvm.BITNET>
To: Multiple recipients of list HISTORY <HISTORY@UBVM>

Dear friends,

I am forwarding these two "new list" announcements on behalf of Prof.
Lynn Nelson. Please feel free to distribute it to other groups...

-----------Forwarded mail follows---------------------------------------
HISTEC-L@UKANVM

I am pleased to be able to announce the establishment of HISTEC-
L@UKANVM, a list for the study of the History of Evangelical
Christianity. Subscription requests should be sent to
BAYS@UKANVM. I will attempt to act upon them as quickly as
possible. Postings should be made to HISTEC-L@UKANVM.
LISTSERV@UKANVM will accept both BITNET and INTERNET mailings.
I would appreciate subscribers' sending me by e-mail (at
BAYS@UKANVM) a short biographical resume for inclusion in a
members' directory.

Our FTP directory is presently empty. Subscribers who have materials
they believe worth including should contact me by e-mail. This site
will operate in co-operation with ra.msstate.edu and the contents of its
directories will form part of a union catalogue with ra.msstate and
other co-operating sites.

The following is a formal statement of purpose. I would like to
welcome the members to HISTEC-L and express my hope that it will
prove a benefit to us all.

Daniel H. Bays

The University of Kansas

HISTEC-L is a non-sectarian forum for discussion, debate, and the
exchange of information by students and scholars of the history of
evangelical Christianity. It is not a medium for proselytizing, and the
advocacy or disparagement of any faith or sect are not welcome.
Requests for SUBscription pass through the list owner, and SEND and
REVIEW commands are restricted to list members. The command language of
HISTEC-L is English, but postings in other languages are accepted.
HISTEC-L is ready to distribute newsletters from study groups, and to
post announcements of meetings and calls for papers, short scholarly
pieces, queries, and other items of interest.

HISTEC-L maintains a directory at the FTP site kuhub.cc.ukans.edu
(CD DUA9 [malin.histec]), for the collection and preservation of
materials of use to its members.

HISTEC-L is associated with the general discussion list HISTORY,
and co-operates fully with other lists similarly associated.

ESPORA-L@UKANVM

We are pleased to announce the establishment of a list for
Spanish and Portuguese Historical Studies. Subscriptions should
be made to LISTSERV AT UKANVM with the command SUB ESPORA-L
USERID@NODE, adding your full name; LISTSERV will accept both
BITNET and INTERNET addresses. Postings should be made to
ESPORA-L@UKANVM. The owners would appreciate it if subscribers
would send them BY E-MAIL a short biographical resume for
inclusion in a directory of members: send to either LHNELSON-
@UKANVM or RCLEMENT@UKANVM.

Our FTP directory is presently empty. If subscribers have
materials they believe worth including, please contact
either of the list owners. This site will operate in co-operation
with ra.msstate.edu and the contents of its directories will form
part of a union catalogue with ra.msstate and other co-operating
sites.

The following is a formal statement of purpose. We would like to
welcome our colleagues to ESPORA-L and express our hope that it
will prove a benefit to us all.

Richard Clement
Lynn H. Nelson

The University of Kansas

STATEMENT OF PURPOSE

ESPORA-L is a forum for debate, discussion, and the exchange of
information by students and scholars of the history of the
Iberian Peninsula from the earliest times to the present.
Although the command language of ESPORA-L is English, postings in
Portuguese, Spanish, and Catalan are welcome, and list members
are encouraged to communicate in whichever language they are most
comfortable. ESPORA-L is ready to distribute newsletters from
study groups, and to post announcements of meetings and calls
for papers, short scholarly pieces, queries, and other items of
interest.

The lists maintains a directory at the FTP site
kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (CD DUA9 [malin.espora]), for the collection
and preservation of materials of use for its members.

ESPORA-L is associated with the general discussion list HISTORY,
and co-operates fully with other lists similarly associated.