5.0467 Qs: Icelandic; Cigar Store Indians (2/34)

Fri, 22 Nov 1991 16:41:49 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0467. Friday, 22 Nov 1991.

(1) Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1991 15:21:40 PST (19 lines)
From: Diane_L._Olsen.osbu_north@xerox.com
Subject: Icelandic Query

(2) Date: Fri,22 Nov 91 12:08:43 GMT (15 lines)
From: F.LANGLEY@hull.ac.uk
Subject: Cigar Store Indians

Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1991 15:21:40 PST
From: Diane_L._Olsen.osbu_north@xerox.com

Does anyone happen to know where I could find language tapes or other
instructional materials or realia for Icelandic? So far, all I know is that
Audio-Forum carries a 5-cassette course in intermediate Icelandic for about
$150.

Also, if any speakers of Icelandic are reading this, could you recommend one or
two Icelandic writers whose style is simple enough for a novice student to
understand?

One last question: Does anyone know of a school in Iceland offering summer
language courses for foreigners?

Thanks!

Diane L. Olsen (olsen@csli.stanford.edu OR dolsen.osbu_north@xerox.com)