Mon, 11 Nov 1991 18:54:33 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0445. Monday, 11 Nov 1991.

(1) Date: Tue, 5 Nov 91 18:24:39 CST (24 lines)
From: nm1@Ra.MsState.Edu (Natalie Maynor)
Subject: Re: Wordperfect

(2) Date: Tue, 05 Nov 91 20:53:06 EST (23 lines)
From: Lorne Hammond <051796@UOTTAWA>
Subject: Re: 5.0432 Responses: Word Perfect; Spanish W/P

(3) Date: Thu, 07 Nov 91 00:15:48 EST (11 lines)
From: Julie Falsetti <JEFHC@CUNYVM>
Subject: WP List

Date: Tue, 5 Nov 91 18:24:39 CST
From: nm1@Ra.MsState.Edu (Natalie Maynor)

> A recent inquirer asked about Word Perfect lists. There is a list
> called wp50-L that covers the WP versions 5.0 and 5.1. I lasted two
> days on it and do NOT recommend it, although I am a very heavy email
> and WP user. The list carries over 100 messages on a typical day.

If your system gets the bit hierarchy, you can read the list on usenet
as bit.listserv.words-l. Using a reader like nn, you can glance at the
topics and read a few or none of the many postings. Having tried it
both ways, I can highly recommend reading it via usenet instead of
subscribing.

> Yes indeed! I located three such lists which might be one and the same.

> WP50-L WP50-L@HEARN (Peered) WordPerfect Corporation Products Dis
> WP50-L@UBVM (Peered) WordPerfect Corporation Products Dis
> WP50-L@YORKVM1 (Peered) WordPerfect Corporation Products Dis
> (information dated June 1991)

They are one and the same. The list is peered.
--Natalie (nm1@ra.msstate.edu)