5.0399 Georgetown Center for Text and Technology (1/32)

Thu, 17 Oct 1991 21:33:04 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0399. Thursday, 17 Oct 1991.

Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1991 12:45 EDT
From: Jim Wilderotter -- Georgetown Center for Text and
Subject: Center for Text and Technology

Since April 1989, the Center for Text and Technology of the
Academic Computer Center at Georgetown University has been
compiling information about projects in electronic text in the
humanities. Currently we have details on over 300 projects in 27
countries.

Because this information is constantly being updated, any printing
would be obsolescent. Consequently, we have created an on-line
Catalogue that is searchable through Internet and dial-in access.
Thus far, response has been gratifying; last month we logged over
100 inquiries.

An illustrated User's Guide to the Catalogue of Projects in
Electronic Text is available free of charge through surface mail.
In addition, a public-domain version of KERMIT and a keyboard-
mapping program can be obtained through file transfer protocol
(ftp). For further information, please contact me personally at
the address below.

James A. Wilderotter II
Project Assistant
Center for Text and Technology