5.0388 Qs: DBMSs for History; N. Germany; .UE;... (3/100)

Mon, 14 Oct 1991 17:58:07 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0388. Monday, 14 Oct 1991.

(1) Date: Fri, 11 Oct 91 14:13:54 CDT (16 lines)
From: "scott richard fletcher" <srf2@midway.uchicago.edu>
Subject: Databases for historical research

(2) Date: Fri, 11 Oct 91 16:18:36 MDT (29 lines)
From: Randall Jones <HRCJONES@BYUVM>
Subject: Contacts in Northern Germany

(3) Date: Sat, 12 Oct 1991 11:36 EST (55 lines)
From: Jean Veronis <VERONIS@VASSAR>
Subject: Help for a colleague in Ukraine

Date: Fri, 11 Oct 91 14:13:54 CDT
From: "scott richard fletcher" <srf2@midway.uchicago.edu>

I am deciding about a computer platform and part of this decision will be based
on available database software suitable for note-taking for historical
research. As I suspect this topic may well have been addressed on HUMANIST, to
which I've just recently subscribed, I wonder if you can direct me to previous
discussions of this topic. If that isn't practical, please post my query for
comments from users of databases for note-taking purposes. Specifically, I
would be curious to know what issues users consider most important in picking a
program, and whether anyone has used the program History Database, which was
written up last spring in Perspectives, the newsletter of the American
Historical Assn. Thanks.