5.0376 Value of Liberal Arts Education (1/17)

Wed, 9 Oct 1991 21:26:22 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0376. Wednesday, 9 Oct 1991.

Date: Fri, 4 Oct 1991 09:48 EST
From: Prof Norm Coombs <NRCGSH@RITVAX>
Subject: Value of liberal Arts in Tech setting??

My friend asked me to post this request on Humanist for him. Thanks for
any help you can provide.
N. coombs

I am interested in references to any empirical research into the
value of a liberal arts education, especially in a technological
setting. I would be particularly interested in research that
might seek to separate the value of the liberal arts education
from (a) The general maturation process that would occur in the
adolescent in any case, and (b) Aspects that are unique from
attributes that might develop regardless of the liberal arts
component from the technological education. Thank you for your
assistance.

Dr. Morton Isaacs, Rochester Institute of Technology
Send email to: mjigss@ritvax or mjigss@ritvax.isc.rit.edu