5.0359 Computers & Literature Teaching (1/15)

Thu, 3 Oct 1991 19:54:06 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0359. Thursday, 3 Oct 1991.

Date: Wed, 2 Oct 91 12:13 EST
From: <KSBALL@IUBACS>
Subject: computer-aided teaching of literature

I am a graduate student in the English Department at Indiana
University. I am writing a dissertation on the use of computer-
aided instruction in literature classes at the college level.

I would like to hear from anyone who knows of computer applications
(other than tools such as word processors, idea generators and
organizers, concordance programs, etc.) that are being used in college
or university literature classes. Though I welcome new references on
Intermedia, The Shakespeare Project, Havholm and Stewart's work at
Wooster, and Moulthrop's Hypercard and Story Space applications, I am
looking particularly for leads on programs other than these.

I appreciate your help. Thank you.

Kim Ball (KSBALL@IUBACS)