5.0321 Qs: Language W/P; al-Tawfiq; Peter Scott? (3/41)

Mon, 16 Sep 1991 19:48:43 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0321. Monday, 16 Sep 1991.
Qs: Multilingual WordProcessing; al-Tawfiq; Peter Scott

(1) Date: 13 Sep 91 00:03 GMT (16 lines)
From: BURTON@AppleLink.Apple.COM (Burton, Diane,VCA)
Subject: multilingual word processing

(2) Date: Thu, 12 Sep 91 07:35:23 EDT (17 lines)
From: PAULA PRESLEY <AD15@NEMOMUS>
Subject: al-Tawfiq Printing Press

(3) Date: Mon, 16 Sep 91 17:04:14 EDT (8 lines)
From: SIMION@IVEUNCC
Subject: Email address of Peter Scott.

Date: 13 Sep 91 00:03 GMT
From: BURTON@AppleLink.Apple.COM (Burton, Diane,VCA)

Does anyone have experience incorporating both English and foreign language
texts in the same document on a Macintosh. I am particularly interested in
incorporating multiple languages where there are differences beyond character
set such as English with Arabic or Hebrew.

I've had several recent conversations where people claim this functionality can
only be accomplished on a DOS machine using Nota Bene or MLS. Is this true?
Are there any known work-arounds for Macintosh users?

Thank you very much.
Diane Burton