5.0319 Rs: On Libraries (2/106)

Mon, 16 Sep 1991 19:42:19 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0319. Monday, 16 Sep 1991.

(1) Date: Thu, 12 Sep 1991 14:20:45 EDT (27 lines)
From: tleonhardt@MADVAX.UOP.EDU
Subject: RE: 5.0316 Qs: Libraries

(2) Date: Fri, 13 Sep 91 12:22:54 MST (79 lines)
From: Dan Lester <ALILESTE@idbsu.idbsu.edu>

Date: Thu, 12 Sep 1991 14:20:45 EDT
From: tleonhardt@MADVAX.UOP.EDU

Concerning libraries of the future I would like to draw to your attention
the upcoming (that is, the December 1991) issue of INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
AND LIBRARIES. As a special section we will publish three talks given at
the June 1991 OCLC Users Council. Ken Dowlin, Library Director of the San
Francisco Public Library talks about public libraries in 2001. In fact,
much of what he foresees is to be part of the new library he is building
for the city of San Francisco.

Joseph J. Branin, Associate University Librarian for Public Services
at the University of Minnesota Libraries talks about "Delivering on
Promises: The Intersection of Print and Electronic Information Systems in
Libraries." This paper gets to the heart of the question posed on HUMANIST.

Finally, Ann J. Wolpert, Cambridge Information Center, Arthur D. Little,
Inc. addresses "Libraries in the Year 2001" from the prospective of the
special librarian offering library services to the professional and
managerial business community. We in higher education could profit by
heeding some of the things she has to say about our final products, the
college graduate.

Tom Leonhardt
Editor, Information Technology and Libraries
INTERNET: tleonhardt@madvax.uop.edu