5.0123 Queries: "World of Poetry"; OE Font (Mac) (2/30)

Wed, 5 Jun 91 16:14:43 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0123. Wednesday, 5 Jun 1991.

(1) Date: 4 June, 1991, 22:50:21 EST (23 lines)
From: MILTONQ at OUACCVMB
Subject: Query on The World of Poetry

(2) Date: Tue, 04 Jun 91 19:35:23 BST (7 lines)
From: DEL2@PHOENIX.CAMBRIDGE.AC.UK
Subject: request for help (font)

Date: 4 June, 1991, 22:50:21 EST
From: MILTONQ at OUACCVMB

A friend who is an aspiring poet has recently received notices of
winning awards for submitted poems from The World of Poetry, a
California-based organization. Further, this week he was invited as a
"Golden Poet" award recipient to the Seventh Annual Convention of the
World of Poetry to be held September 1-3 in New York at the Mariott
Marquis at Times Square. Names that are associated with the World of
Poetry include John Campbell, editor and publisher, and Eddie-Lou Cole,
reader of poems submitted in their upcoming contest to be held in
conjunction with the convention. The registration fee is about $500.

Are there any Humanists who have any knowledge of the World of Poetry
and its goings-on; more directly, is this enterprise legitimate? Thanks
in advance for any information you can give me. Answer directly to
my e-mail address, and I will summarize any postings I receive.

Margaret E. Cheney
Ohio University
Athens, OH
e-mail: miltonq@ouaccvmb.bitnet