5.0081 Directories of Academic E-Conferences (1/45)

Tue, 21 May 91 15:14:27 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0081. Tuesday, 21 May 1991.

Date: Thu, 16 May 91 16:28:48 EDT
From: Diane Kovacs <DKOVACS@KENTVM>
Subject: Updates for Directories of Academic e-conferences

Updated and more extensive directories of academic e-conferences are
now available from Humanist's fileserver. Send a message addressed
to listserv@brownvm with the command get filename filetype. The files
are also available via anonymous ftp from ksuvxa.kent.edu.

Directories 1&2 are Social Sciences and Humanities. Directory 3 is
Biological Sciences. Directory 4 is Physical Sciences. Directory 5
is Business and miscellaneous academia (e.g. grants).

On Humanist the files are called:
filename filetype
--------------------
ACADEMIC LIST1
ACADEMIC LIST2
ACADEMIC LIST3
ACADEMIC LIST4
ACADEMIC LIST5

To ftp the files from ksuvxa.kent.edu: logon as anonymous. The password
will be your userid. Type 'dir' to see the files on the server.
Type 'GET filename filetype' to retrieve each directory that you want.
They are named ACADLIST FILE1 .... ACADLIST FILE5. Type quit
to leave ftp.

These directories will also be available in print through the
Association of Research Libraries in June. A hypertext version will
also be available soon.

Cordially,
Diane

Diane K. Kovacs - One of the Moderators of LIBREF-L
Instructor, Reference Librarian for the Humanities
Kent State University Libraries
Kent, Ohio 44242
Phone: (216)672-3045

Bitnet: DKOVACS@kentvm or LIBRK329@kentvms
Internet: DKOVACS@kentvm.kent.edu or LIBRK329@ksuvxa.kent.edu

The opinions I express are my own and no one elses.