5.0035 Qs: CD-ROM life; Cyrillic Coding; Coptic Fonts (4/47)

Mon, 13 May 91 22:00:59 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0035. Monday, 13 May 1991.

(1) Date: Mon, 13 May 91 16:36 EST (8 lines)
From: F5400000@LAUVAX01.BITNET
Subject: Electronic storage

(2) Date: Mon, 13 May 91 16:09:24 +0100 (6 lines)
From: John.Slatter@durham.ac.uk
Subject: RusTeX-L

(3) Date: Mon, 13 May 91 19:21 EDT (18 lines)
From: Michel LENOBLE <LENOBLEM@umtlvr.bitnet>
Subject: Russian concordance package for Mac.

(4) Date: Mon, 13 May 91 14:29:09 -0400 (15 lines)
From: al649@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Martin J. Homan)
Subject: Coptic Fonts for WordPerfect 5.1

Date: Mon, 13 May 91 16:36 EST
From: F5400000@LAUVAX01.BITNET

I would like some information or perhaps bibliography re the durability of
elctronic data storage. In other words, how long can one reasonably expect
floppy disks, tape, etc. to retain an accurate record of what one put on
it? John Sandys-Wunsch @LAUVAX01.BITNET