5.0022 R: Refs on Email Communication (1/18)

Fri, 10 May 91 11:41:06 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0022. Friday, 10 May 1991.

Date: Thu, 9 May 91 11:33:36 -0400 (EDT)
From: Leslie Burkholder <lb0q+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Subject: email query

>I am interested in how language use between people on EMAIL differs
from the way
>they talk to each other or write to each other in other venues.

Here are some references
Murray, "Computer mediated communication", English for Specific
Purposes, 7 (1988)
Murray, "The context of oral and written language", Lang Soc 17 (1988)
Sproull and Kiesler, "Reducing social context cues", Management Science
32 (1986)
Finholt and Sproull, "Electronic groups at work", Organization Science 1 (1990)
Forman, "Computer-mediated group writing in the workplace", Computers
and Composition 5
Zuboff, The Age of the Smart Machine (1988)
Sproull and Kiesler, Connections (1991).

Leslie Burkholder
Carnegie Mellon University