4.1301 Computational Linguistics (2/32)

Tue, 30 Apr 91 23:04:53 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 1301. Tuesday, 30 Apr 1991.

(1) Date: Saturday, 27 Apr 1991 16:02:46 EDT (20 lines)
From: "Patrick W. Conner" <U47C2@WVNVM>
Subject: Computational Linguistics & Humanities Computing

(2) Date: Tue, 30 Apr 91 00:21:59 -0500 (12 lines)
From: raskin@j.cc.purdue.edu (Victor Raskin)
Subject: Remarkable/Unremarkable Language

Date: Saturday, 27 Apr 1991 16:02:46 EDT
From: "Patrick W. Conner" <U47C2@WVNVM>

Thank you, Nancy.

Your posting on computational linguistics was really terrific. Thanks;
I'm going to keep it as an excellent intro to one way linguistics and r
literature intersect, a topic I often address with undergraduates, both
in history of the English language classes (We're literature majors; we
don't have to learn that grammar stuff) and Old English (we're
linguistics students; we don't have to learn about texts). This allows
me to talk about how the two interface from the common, neutral ground
of computation.

(I started to post this as a private message, but put it on the net
to get others to think about how much which goes on here really ought
to reach the classroom.)

--Pat