4.1284 Rs: eBibles; WordCruncher (2/55)

Wed, 24 Apr 91 22:12:20 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 1284. Wednesday, 24 Apr 1991.

(1) Date: Tue, 23 Apr 91 18:19 GMT (33 lines)
From: David E Newton <DEN1@vaxb.york.ac.uk>
Subject: [Bibles by ftp]

(2) Date: Tue, 23 Apr 91 19:07:36 MDT (22 lines)
From: Randall Jones <HRCJONES@BYUVM>
Subject: WordCruncher

Date: Tue, 23 Apr 91 18:19 GMT
From: David E Newton <DEN1@vaxb.york.ac.uk>
Subject: On-Line Bibles

I do know of an on-line Bible available by FTP, if that's of any use.
It can be found at the following address:

info.umd.edu

I think it is in the directory

info/Literature/KingJames

with each book in a separate file. Someone who knows more about this sort
of thing than me tells me that it isn't actually the King James Bible at
all, but im one form or another, there's a Bible there. (Along with
the previously mentioned Lewis Carroll stuff.)

I hope my first entry on Humanist is of some use!

Dave

David E Newton
Department of Language and Linguistic Science
University Of York
Heslington
York YO1 5DD
UK