4.1241 Rs: CI-I; Greek & Latin Programs; ... (4/110)

Mon, 15 Apr 91 22:45:15 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 1241. Monday, 15 Apr 1991.

(1) Date: Fri, 12 Apr 1991 13:51:35 EDT (16 lines)
From: Sarah Horton <HORTON@YALEVM>
Subject: CD-I Query

(2) Date: Fri, 12 Apr 91 20:02 EDT (35 lines)
From: Michel LENOBLE <LENOBLEM@umtlvr.bitnet>
Subject: VIRUS

(3) Date: 14 Apr 91 22:16:36 EST (48 lines)
From: James O'Donnell <JODONNEL@PENNSAS>
Subject: [Greek and Latin Programs]

(4) Date: Mon, 15 Apr 91 10:21:44 EDT (11 lines)
From: Bernard_van't_Hul@ub.cc.umich.edu
Subject: The Grand Inquisitor, Another Translation

Date: Fri, 12 Apr 1991 13:51:35 EDT
From: Sarah Horton <HORTON@YALEVM>

Roger Kenner asked some questions about CD-I interactive video...

Unfortunately I can't answer any of the questions specifically but... I
can point out a good reference. The theme of the April 1991 issue of
_Communications of the ACM_ is digital multimedia systems, and it
contains an article entitled "CD-I Full-Motion Video Encoding on a
Parallel Computer." If you can look past the magazine's design (really
horrid colors, unreadable typefaces), the actual content of the articles
is quite interesting, although a bit techie. I recommend this issue for
anyone interested in multimedia.

-Sarah Horton