4.1112 Rs: Ancient Medicine; MicroSolutions (2/32)

Thu, 28 Feb 91 23:10:06 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 1112. Thursday, 28 Feb 1991.

(1) Date: Thu, 28 Feb 91 19:29:59 GMT (15 lines)
From: stephen clark <AP01@liverpool.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: ancient medicine

(2) Date: Thu, 28 Feb 91 14:46 CST (17 lines)
From: Bill Sjostrom
Subject: MicroSolutions

Date: Thu, 28 Feb 91 19:29:59 GMT
From: stephen clark <AP01@liverpool.ac.uk>

Names to conjure with: Geoffrey Lloyd, Ann Ellis Hanson, Helen King,
Vivian Nutton, Ralph Jackson. Ian Lonie has done useful editions of texts
in the Hippocratic Corpus. There is a translation of Soranus, Gynecology
by Owsei Temkin (1956) and a new Bude edition of books I-II. Texts and
translations of Galen are widely accessible. There's also a book by one
Harris on Galen and the cardio-vascular system, (He - Harris I mean - is
dead).

Stephen (most of this is courtesy of Gillian Clark:
ACAR02@UK.AC.LIVERPOOL)
Liverpool