4.1107 Notes: Humanist/Spires; REACH/ftp (2/70)

Thu, 28 Feb 91 22:57:21 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 1107. Thursday, 28 Feb 1991.

(1) Date: Wed, 27 Feb 91 11:19:06 EST (29 lines)
From: "Bhaskaran Balakrishnan [(315) 443-2143]" <BBALAKRI@SUVM>
Subject: [RE: 4.0993 & telnet/tn3270 to SUVM's HUMANIST archive]

(2) Date: Thu, 28 Feb 91 12:45:21 PST (41 lines)
From: hcf1dahl@UCSBUXA.BITNET
Subject: REACH on FTP

Date: Wed, 27 Feb 91 11:19:06 EST
From: "Bhaskaran Balakrishnan [(315) 443-2143]" <BBALAKRI@SUVM>
Subject: RE: 4.0993 and the telnet/tn3270 access to SUVM's HUMANIST archive

This is regarding the availability of the HUMANIST archive on SUVM
using the [Telnet/tn3270 suvm.acs.syr.edu ; SUINFO] procedure
detailed in Ron Kalinoski's <ACDRLK@SUVM> note of 6 Feb 91 to this
group - issue 4.0993 of HUMANIST.

We are given to understand that several people have encountered
problems accessing the database. The main problem seems to be that
people get kicked off SUVM with an "access with line mode connection"
error after they type SUINFO. This problem usually means the lack of
tn3270 support at your end.

I've been asked to look into this, and see if there is a workaround
from our end. In order to do this, I would appreciate a note from
anyone who has had this problem; what I am really interested in is
what system you are using - Unix, VMS .. - so if you include that in
your note, it would help a lot.

Of course, if there were any other problems/questions/comments you
have [had], feel free to email me.

B BITNET: BBALAKRI@SUVM
Library & Database Services Internet: bbalakri@suvm.acs.syr.edu
Academic Computing Services Syracuse