4.1093 On the War (2/29)

Tue, 26 Feb 91 23:15:58 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 1093. Tuesday, 26 Feb 1991.

(1) Date: Wed, 20 Feb 91 21:08:42 GMT (12 lines)
From: FRI001@IBM.SOUTHAMPTON.AC.UK
Subject: [Kessler and Lakoff]

(2) Date: Tue, 26 Feb 91 22:59:12 EST (17 lines)
From: Elaine Brennan & Allen Renear <EDITORS@BROWNVM>
Subject: de Lacey on Just War

Date: Wed, 20 Feb 91 21:08:42 GMT
From: FRI001@IBM.SOUTHAMPTON.AC.UK

From: Sean O'Cathasaigh, FRI001@UK.AC.SOTON.IBM
Department of French, The University, Southampton SO9 5NH

I should like to add my voice to those who have deplored
Jascha Kessler's intemperate attack on Prof Lakoff. At
first I hoped that it was an elaborate irony, designed to
show how metaphor can be used to silence the voice of
reason, but I have since reluctantly concluded that Kessler
meant what he said.