4.1089 Notes: Call Bibliography; Sidney Michaelson (2/59)

Mon, 25 Feb 91 22:59:53 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 1089. Monday, 25 Feb 1991.

(1) Date: 25 Feb 91 09:42:34 gmt (35 lines)
From: P.Burnhill@edinburgh.ac.uk
Subject: Re: CALL Bibliography

(2) Date: Mon,25 Feb 91 10:35:13 GMT (24 lines)
From: DJT18@hull.ac.uk
Subject: Sidney Michaelson

(1) -----------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Mon,25 Feb 91 10:35:13 GMT
From: DJT18@hull.ac.uk
Subject: Re: 4.1058 Queries (6/104)

CALL Bibliography

The ReCALL Software Guide, published August 1990 by the CTI Centre for
Modern Languages, University of Hull, lists around 300 items of software
suitable for use in language teaching in higher education. It includes
sections on Authoring Tools, Databases, Dictionaries & Translation
Tools, Language Learning, Languages for Special Purposes, Multilingual
Word Processing and Other Applications. We are not claiming that it is
a complete list of CALL software, but many academics have found it
useful. It is available from the CTI Centre for Modern Languages,
University of Hull, Cottingham Road, Hull HU6 7RX, at a price of six
pounds sterling in the UK, seven pounds overseas surface mail, or eleven
pounds overseas airmail. Cheques to be made payable to the University
of Hull.

June Thompson, Information Officer, CTICML