4.0996 Rs: Greek Statistics; HUMANIST on SPIRES;... (3/38)

Thu, 7 Feb 91 22:25:13 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0996. Thursday, 7 Feb 1991.

(1) Date: Thu, 7 Feb 91 07:55:13 PST (20 lines)
From: 6500rms@UCSBUXA.BITNET
Subject: Re: 4.0986 Qs: Statistics & Greek...PHI-CCAT

(2) Date: Thu, 07 Feb 1991 07:37:42 NDT (11 lines)
From: hans@Leif.ucs.mun.ca
Subject: RE: 4.0989 ... Outliners

(3) Date: Thursday, 7 February 1991 10:00am CT (7 lines)
From: CHALMERS@UTXVM.CC.UTEXAS.EDU
Subject: 4.0993 SPRIRES Humanist Databas

Date: Thu, 7 Feb 91 07:55:13 PST
From: 6500rms@UCSBUXA.BITNET
Subject: Re: 4.0986 Qs: Statistics & Greek; Text Analysis; PHI-CCAT

A good, recent, text analyzing classical Greek statistically is Gerald
Ledger's book, "Recounting Plato" Oxford 1989 (or so). It analyzes
Platonic dialogues by letter frequency. His bibliography may provide
some other clues.

On the topic of TLG-CCAT downloading, I am afraid I cannot help with the
particular piece of software you mention, but I have written a program,
Searcher formats. If you would like more information, please let me
know.

Randall Smith
Classics Department
University of California