4.0986 Qs: Statistics & Greek; Text Analysis; PHI-CCAT (4/69)

Tue, 5 Feb 91 16:27:44 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0986. Tuesday, 5 Feb 1991.

(1) Date: 5 February 91, 10:43:37 ITA (13 lines)
From: CISI - UNIV. Torino 8123633/235 U245 at ITOCSIVM
Subject: statistics of classical greek

(2) Date: Mon, 4 Feb 91 22:41 EST (25 lines)
From: "NANCY M. IDE (914) 437 5988" <IDE@VASSAR>
Subject: question on literary computing

(3) Date: 5 February 91, 11:57:29 ITA (15 lines)
From: CISI - UNIV. Torino 8123633/235 U245 at ITOCSIVM
Subject: OFFLOAD.COM and PHI-CCAT cdrom

(4) Date: 5 February 91, 10:38:24 ITA (16 lines)
From: CISI - UNIV. Torino 8123633/235 U245 at ITOCSIVM
Subject: starting an e-mail system with UNIX

Date: 5 February 91, 10:43:37 ITA
From: CISI - UNIV. Torino 8123633/235 U245 at ITOCSIVM
subject: statistics of classical greek

Does anyone know if classical greek was already studied by the point of
view of letters frequency, lexicon growth in function of text size,
assessment of Zipf law, and matters like that?

I'm interested in this matter because I'm doing statistical studies
about Xenophon and Thucydides.

Thank you to anyone will help.
Maurizio Lana