4.0959 Another Perspective on Israeli Life (1/35)

Wed, 30 Jan 91 10:01:34 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0959. Wednesday, 30 Jan 1991.

Date: Tue, 29 Jan 1991 11:12:14 GMT+0300
From: Judy Koren <LBJUDY@VMSA.technion.ac.il>
Subject: Israeli life during the war

I have been keeping a diary since just before the war started. I didn't
intend to broadcast it, but two factors have changed my mind:

a) Some comments on Bob Werman's reports suggest that at least some
people want to read personal perspectives from people over here

b) My perspective is somewhat different from Bob Werman's, so if he
has decided to broadcast a view from Jerusalem, a (different) view
from Haifa might be useful.

I'm therefore sending you a (slightly edited) version of it. However, I
wouldn't like to inflict this on people who don't want to read it; also
the file is already quite long. I therefore suggest that if you decide
to make it available, you should put it on the listserv and let anyone
who wants to, ask for it. (I agree with those who responded to the
criticism of Lakoff by saying that if you ask for something from the
listserv, don't complain that it was sent to you even if you don't like
what you get!)

Judy Koren

--------------------

[A complete version of this file is now available through the
fileserver, s.v. HAIFA DIARY1. You may obtain a copy by issuing the
command -- GET filename filetype HUMANIST -- either interactively or as
a batch-job, addressed to ListServ@Brownvm. Thus on a VM/CMS system,
you say interactively: TELL LISTSERV AT BROWNVM GET filename filetype
HUMANIST; if you are not on a VM/CMS system, send mail to
ListServ@Brownvm with the GET command as the first and only line. For
more details see the "Guide to Humanist". Problems should be reported
to David Sitman, A79@TAUNIVM, after you have consulted the Guide and
tried all appropriate alternatives.]