Tue, 8 Jan 91 14:51:27 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0866. Tuesday, 8 Jan 1991.

(1) Date: Mon, 07 Jan 91 14:28:41 GMT (17 lines)
From: Rainer Henrich <K145310@CZHRZU1A>
Subject: Reply: Problems in annotating Erasmus' letters

(2) Date: Tue, 8 JAN 91 12:05:40 GMT (71 lines)
From: Simon Rae <SA_RAE@VAX.ACS.OPEN.AC.UK>
Subject: Re: 4.0862 Queries - Book sales figures

Date: Mon, 07 Jan 91 14:28:41 GMT
From: Rainer Henrich <K145310@CZHRZU1A>

I think that I can answer question no. 3: Oecolampadius was preparing
his book DE LIBERO ARBITRIO, when Johann from Botzheim wrote his letter
to Erasmus (November 26, 1524). Dedication is dated December 4, 1524,
according to Ernst Staehelin, Oekolampad-Bibliographie, 2nd ed., reprint
Nieuwkoop 1963, p. 49s, no. 101. The subject corresponds perfectly
with the context (discussion about liberum arbitrium).

Rainer Henrich, lic. theol.
Bullinger-Briefwechsel-Edition
Kirchgasse 9
CH-8001 Zuerich