4.0859 Announcements: MLA 1991; Job Notice (2/52)

Wed, 2 Jan 91 17:13:14 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0859. Wednesday, 2 Jan 1991.

(1) Date: Mon, 31 Dec 90 13:16:00 EST (18 lines)
From: Willard McCarty <MCCARTY@vm.epas.utoronto.ca>
Subject: call for papers, MLA 1991

(2) Date: Tue, 1 Jan 91 10:50 EST (34 lines)
From: <GALLOWA@IUBACS>
Subject: Job Notice

Date: Mon, 31 Dec 90 13:16:00 EST
From: Willard McCarty <MCCARTY@vm.epas.utoronto.ca>

On behalf of the Association for Computers and the Humanities, I am
submitting a proposal to the MLA for a special session at the 1991
convention in San Francisco. This session is to be entitled, "How We Do
What We Do: Modelling Literary Research Methods by Computer". A maximum
of three papers will address how the attempt to implement various
research methods on the computer throws light on what scholars actually
do -- to paraphrase Vannevar Bush, how we work, or how we may work.
Inquiries are welcome -- please write to me directly. Abstracts of 500
to 1000 words, preferably by e-mail, are due by 15 March. All panelists
must be members of the MLA by 1 April.

Willard McCarty