4.0854 Humanist: E-mail Etiquette (2/42)

Wed, 26 Dec 90 14:44:05 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0854. Wednesday, 26 Dec 1990.

(1) Date: Tue, 18 Dec 90 12:12:05 EST (23 lines)
From: Elliott Parker <3ZLUFUR@CMUVM>
Subject: E-mail etiquette

(2) Date: Tue, 18 Dec 90 10:06:40 EST (19 lines)
From: Willard McCarty <MCCARTY@vm.epas.utoronto.ca>
Subject: on repetition

Date: Tue, 18 Dec 90 12:12:05 EST
From: Elliott Parker <3ZLUFUR@CMUVM>

On 14 Dec., Dana Paramskas asked a couple of questions about etiquette.
I think a short reply to the sender of a file or answer to a question
is simple courtesy.

You say thank you when someone has helped you out face-to-face. Why not
now--especially since it has taken a bit of effort to rummage around the
computer or files and send what they want.

If you ask for info and say you will post a summary back to the list, do
it. Not to is simply selfish. Even if no one answered, tell us.

As we stumble around in this new virtual community, we will all be
asking for help sometime. Courtesy extends even further electronically.

Elliott Parker BITNET: 3ZLUFUR@CMUVM
Journalism Dept. Internet: eparker@well.sf.ca.us
Central Michigan University Compuserve: 70701,520
Mt. Pleasant, MI 48859 USA UUCP: {psuvax1}!cmuvm.bitnet!3zlufur