4.0821 Qs: Machine Translation; CDROMs; DDR e-Mail;... (4/75)

Thu, 6 Dec 90 22:22:51 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0821. Thursday, 6 Dec 1990.

(1) Date: Thu, 06 Dec 90 10:41:39 ITA (14 lines)
From: "CISI - UNIV. Torino" <U245@ITOCSIVM>
Subject: machine translation (MT)

(2) Date: Thu, 6 Dec 90 08:38 EDT (17 lines)
From: "Leslie Z. Morgan" <MORGAN@LOYVAX>
Subject: Address request

(3) Date: Thu, 6 Dec 90 17:14:09 EST (16 lines)
From: Ed Haupt <haupt@pilot.njin.net>
Subject: ddr e-mail

(4) Date: Thu, 06 Dec 90 12:25:10 CST (28 lines)
From: "Michael S. Hart" <HART@UIUCVMD>
Subject: CDROM Databases of the Generic Variety

Date: Thu, 06 Dec 90 10:41:39 ITA
From: "CISI - UNIV. Torino" <U245@ITOCSIVM>

Does anyone know of machine translation (MT) software for PC ?
I'd like to use it on my PC (80386-25),
I'd like it to be not too much expensive;
I'd like it to translate from Italian to English;
I'd like to use it to prepare draft, personal, preliminary translations of
abstracts and similar things (I know very well that these draft need
further human, clever|, intervention).

Thank you to everyone will help.
Maurizio Lana