4.0792 Rs: Yankee Doodle Virus (2/31)

Sun, 2 Dec 90 23:46:12 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0792. Sunday, 2 Dec 1990.

(1) Date: Thu, 29 Nov 90 24:37:00 EST (14 lines)
From: Michael_Kessler.Hum@mailgate.sfsu.edu
Subject: Yankee Doodle

(2) Date: Tue, 27 Nov 90 23:03:47 AST (17 lines)
From: RHIN000 <RHINE@UNB.CA>
Subject: Yankee Doodle virus

Date: Thu, 29 Nov 90 24:37:00 EST
From: Michael_Kessler.Hum@mailgate.sfsu.edu

Yankee Doodle is a common virus in the U.S. It can be very persistent
once it infects a network. Any decent anti-viral program (McAfee's set
of programs or F-PROT) will remove it. According to Fridrik Skulason,
creator of F-PROT, the virus was created in Bulgaria. According to
another source, it was created in Bulgaria or Austria. If you are
having virus problems, you might consider joining

VIRUS-L@IBM1.CC.Lehigh.EDU.

MKessler@HUM.SFSU.EDU