4.0789 Etext Q: Oral History, World War II... (1/12)

Sun, 2 Dec 90 23:21:36 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0789. Sunday, 2 Dec 1990.

Date: Fri, 30 Nov 90 12:07:05 GMT
From: Donald A Spaeth 041 339-8855 x6336 <GKHA13@CMS.GLASGOW.AC.UK>
Subject: Oral history, World War II

This is a long shot. I've just had a student in my office who is
preparing a project on World War II air crews and bomber command.
He will be doing interviews and and transcribing the results
into a textual retrieval and analysis program (TACT). Does
anyone know of similar material already in machine-readable
form which he could look at for comparison? Or of m-r copies
of WW II air novels, such as the Dam Busters or Air Force?
Or of m-r transcripts of air crew logbooks?

Thanks,
Don
gkha13@uk.ac.glasgow.cms (Janet)