4.0762 CDROMs (2/46)

Tue, 27 Nov 90 18:48:56 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0762. Tuesday, 27 Nov 1990.

(1) Date: Tue, 20 Nov 90 13:16:42 CST (28 lines)
From: "Michael S. Hart" <HART@UIUCVMD>
Subject: Magnavox CDROM offer

(2) Date: Wed, 21 Nov 90 06:53:09 EST (18 lines)
From: Ken Steele <KSTEELE@vm.epas.utoronto.ca>
Subject: Re: 4.0724 DAK CD-ROMs and others

Date: Tue, 20 Nov 90 13:16:42 CST
From: "Michael S. Hart" <HART@UIUCVMD>

I heard from a user in Arizona that Montgomery Wards was offering a
similar CDROM special to that I described earlier from DAK and from
CompuAdd. Not many details, other than that the CDROMs appeared to
be the same 6 offered by DAK and that the price was under $1000 for
the entire system, including the computer. This appears to good to
be true. There is no Montgomery Wards store in our calling area so
I would appreciate if anyone could get me further information.

Thank you for your interest,

Michael S. Hart, Director, Project Gutenberg

INTERNET: hart@vmd.cso.uiuc.edu
BITNET: hart@uiucvmd.bitnet

The views expressed herein do not necessarily reflect
the views of any person or institution. Neither Prof
Hart nor Project Gutenberg have any official contacts
with the University of Illinois.

"NOTICE: Due to the shortage of ROBOTS and COMPUTERS
some of our workers are HUMAN and therefore will act
unpredictably when abused."