4.0757 Estonian Institute of Human Sciences (1/54)

Mon, 26 Nov 90 22:16:21 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0757. Monday, 26 Nov 1990.

Date: Mon, 26 NOV 90 13:49:34 GMT
From: AEB_BEVAN@VAX.ACS.OPEN.AC.UK
Subject: Address and contact for Estonian Institute of Human Sciences.

I have further information on the EIHS.

I suggest that people in North America who want to contact the institute
do it direct to the link named below. But as part of my networking
effort I will be delighted to hear from any HUMANIST maber wishing to
make \contacts with eth baltic Republics.

Just for the record, we now have tenuous but strenghtening electronic
links with Vilnius and Kaunas Universities in Lithuiania, and are
hoping to assist an USProfessor of linguistics to keep in e-mail
contact with the West durung a forthcoming teaching visit. Links with
Latvia could be up any moment (but I have been saying that for months!)
There will be a major international conference innLatvia next year
attended by academics from many Western countries - soem Humanist
disciplines are represented.

Edis Bevan
BALT-L Editor
Britain

-------------

Address for Estonian Institute of Human Sciences. i'l 527

Original Sender: tek@ca.yorku.nexus (Toomas Karmo)
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 90 10:01:30 EST

(from a private mail message to me)

In today's BALT-L items, I saw an enquiry into the coordinates
of the Institute of Human Sciences, Tallinn. Here is the information,
or part of the information, which your correspondent requires:

(i) postal address Estonian Institute of Human Sciences / Eesti
Humanitaarinstituut, 200001 Tallinn, postkast/postbox 3320.

(ii) contact person in USA: Mart Susi, 122 East Gilman Street, Apartment
503, Madison, Wisconsin 53703, phone 608-255-7497.

--Mart Susi, incidentally, made it possible for me to give a guest
lecture at the Humanitaarinstituut this September, in the course of my
visit to Estonia. I think that he is in close contact with Tallinn.

Yours sincerely,

Toomas Karmo

Edis Bevan