4.0750 Etext Qs: Ethiopic; Montesquieu & Montaigne (2/29)

Mon, 26 Nov 90 21:50:24 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0750. Monday, 26 Nov 1990.

(1) Date: Sun, 25 Nov 90 15:28:14 CST (18 lines)
From: "Robin C. Cover" <ZRCC1001@SMUVM1>
Subject: ETHIOPIC E-TEXTS?

(2) Date: Sun, 25 Nov 90 19:48 EST (11 lines)
From: "Joel P. Elliott" <JELIOT@UNC>
Subject: E-TEXTS ON MONTESQUIEU AND MONTAIGNE

Date: Sun, 25 Nov 90 15:28:14 CST
From: "Robin C. Cover" <ZRCC1001@SMUVM1>

Can anyone advise me on the availability of machine-readable texts in
Ethiopic (Ge`ez, not modern Amharic)? Specifically, I need to contact
someone with a digitized version of the Ethiopic Bible (taken from
medieval manuscripts). Any hints, even the barest hints, in the right
direction will be deeply appreciated. Reports from visitors to Ethiopia
tell of the destruction of monasteries (with valuable manuscripts) even
as you read this posting.

Robin Cover
3909 Swiss Avenue
Dallas, TX 75204 USA