4.0679 Qs: (Who said...?) (3/46)

Thu, 1 Nov 90 21:55:51 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0679. Thursday, 1 Nov 1990.

(1) Date: Wed, 31 Oct 90 21:35:50 EST (15 lines)
From: Willard McCarty <MCCARTY@vm.epas.utoronto.ca>
Subject: author, author?

(2) Date: Thu, 1 Nov 90 13:10 EST (16 lines)
From: <NMILLER@TRINCC>
Subject: citation please

(3) Date: Thu, 01 Nov 90 07:13:11 CST (15 lines)
From: Charles Ess <DRU001D@SMSVMA>
Subject: education citation

Date: Wed, 31 Oct 90 21:35:50 EST
From: Willard McCarty <MCCARTY@vm.epas.utoronto.ca>

Someone -- I thought it was Meister Eckhart -- compared the spiritual
life with a miner's digging for gold: you get much dirt and not much
gold. Would anyone happen to know the identity of the author, or an
author? I remember bothering my fellow Humanists about this some months
ago, in vain. I have not been able to place the comparison yet.
In case anyone should wonder, my need is directly related to work in
humanities computing.....

With many thanks,

Willard McCarty