4.0654 Rs: CHum & authorship; Hayes/Procomm; Lists (4/66)

Mon, 29 Oct 90 21:16:04 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0654. Monday, 29 Oct 1990.

(1) Date: Mon, 29 Oct 90 10:29 EST (17 lines)
From: "Dr. Joel Goldfield" <JOEL@DUKEMVS.BITNET>
Subject: CHum; authorship

(2) Date: Mon, 29 Oct 90 13:15:06 EST (14 lines)
From: "Susan R. Harris" <USERW080@UMICHUM.BITNET>
Subject: On Network Lists

(3) Date: 29 Oct 90 13:30:03 EDT (17 lines)
From: SJPORTE@asc.upenn.edu
Subject: re: 4.0641 ... Procomm

(4) Date: Mon, 29 Oct 90 17:33 EST (18 lines)
From: Michel LENOBLE <LENOBLEM@umtlvr.bitnet>

Date: Mon, 29 Oct 90 10:29 EST
From: "Dr. Joel Goldfield" <JOEL@DUKEMVS.BITNET>

Regarding a recent query by Helen Aristar-Dry, yes, CHum does
stand for "Computers and the Humanities" (it's our official
abbreviation). Many of the recent issues have included articles
on authorship and stylometry. Those interested in a timely
collection of essays dealing with literary computing (stylometry,
authorship attribution to a lesser extent, computational thematics,
stylo-statistics, etc.) might like _Literary Computing and Literary
Criticism. Theoretical and Practical Essays on Theme and Rhetoric_,
ed. Rosanne G. Potter, U. Penn, 1989.
Regards,
Joel D. Goldfield
Regarding a recent query by Helen Aristar-Dry, yes, _CHum_ doesAssistant Editor,
_CHum_