4.0619 Electronic Discussion Groups (4/92)

Mon, 22 Oct 90 20:50:05 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0619. Monday, 22 Oct 1990.

(1) Date: 22 Oct 90 11:40:06 bst (16 lines)
From: K.P.Donnelly@edinburgh.ac.uk
Subject: Re: Lists for humanists

(2) Date: Fri, 19 Oct 90 07:54 EDT (32 lines)
From: DJBPITT@pittvms
Subject: Re: 4.0607 Electronic Discussion Groups

(3) Date: Fri, 19 Oct 1990 11:19:58 EDT (22 lines)
From: TVICKERY@SUNRISE.ACS.SYR.EDU (Tom Rusk Vickery)
Subject: RE: 4.0595 Lists for Humanists (3/186)

(4) Date: 18 October 90, 22:03:47 CDT (22 lines)
From: Bill Ball <C476721 at UMCVMB>
Subject: academic discussion lists PSRT-L & PSYCH

Date: 22 Oct 90 11:40:06 bst
From: K.P.Donnelly@edinburgh.ac.uk

Beware of subscribing to the list WORDS-L. I did and discovered that it
is almost complete drivel. I signed off almost immediately, but the
messages kept coming for a further two days. At one point they were
arriving every 30 seconds. I am not even sure that they have stopped
now. Is there some way in which we can be warned in advance about such
lists?

There is a Unix newsgroup devoted to linguistics called "sci.lang".
It seems to have fairly good quality discussions.

Kevin Donnelly
K.P.Donnelly@edinbu HUMANIST@brownvm.br 10/22/90*Lists for humanists