4.0590 Misc: History is...; WP; Warts & Bibliography (3/42)

Mon, 15 Oct 90 20:33:47 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0590. Monday, 15 Oct 1990.

(1) Date: Wed, 10 Oct 90 20:40 PDT (12 lines)
From: KESSLER <IME9JFK@UCLAMVS.BITNET>
Subject: Re: 4.0579 Responses: Dreams; Plurals; Sources

(2) Date: Thu, 11 Oct 90 00:45:49 EDT (8 lines)
From: Robert Hollander <bobh@phoenix.Princeton.EDU>
Subject: Re: 4.0578 Algorithms; Footnotes; Terminals

(3) Date: Thu,11 Oct 90 13:45:50 BST (22 lines)
From: N.J.Morgan@vme.glasgow.ac.uk
Subject: Re: 4.0574 Queries

Date: Wed, 10 Oct 90 20:40 PDT
From: KESSLER <IME9JFK@UCLAMVS.BITNET>

Dear Skip Knox: You got me there! I wasnt thinking about history.
Even a seashell might be important to hisotry, a conch, a tally mark on
a conch, or am I talking archaeology? But I was thinking of the
literary texts. You see, Dear Skip Knox, at UCLA, History is under the
Dean of Social Sciences, and not Humanities, so I am a victim of
academic bureaux, or whatever the budget decrees next. My apologies to
you. I am a bit lax in my responses, but gadding about like a gadfly.
Kessler at UCLA