4.0532 Education and Writing (3/82)

Wed, 26 Sep 90 17:55:34 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0532. Wednesday, 26 Sep 1990.

(1) Date: Tue, 25 Sep 90 23:12:01 EDT (13 lines)
From: Frank Dane <FDANE@UGA>
Subject: Re: 4.0524 "Educationist"?

(2) Date: 26 Sep 90 11:05:54 EST (36 lines)
From: Peter D. Junger <pdj2@po.cwru.edu>
Subject: Educationists, Sociologists, and Turgidity

(3) Date: Wed, 26 Sep 90 10:17:12 MDT (33 lines)
From: Skip Knox <DUSKNOX@IDBSU>

Date: Tue, 25 Sep 90 23:12:01 EDT
From: Frank Dane <FDANE@UGA>

Have you considered "Professor of Education" or "Education Professor"?
According to my Websters (II, New Riverside), one who professes on
the topic of education, as opposed to educating others about topics
other than "how to teach," might best be called one or the other.

Frank Dane, "Psychology Professor," Mercer University

P.S. Any final responses to the left-hand/memory survey before I
begin crunching the data?