4.0463 Queries: Hypertext Standards; Tustep; TACT (3/41)

Fri, 7 Sep 90 16:57:45 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0463. Friday, 7 Sep 1990.

(1) Date: Thu, 06 Sep 90 23:15:48 EDT (17 lines)
From: Willard McCarty <MCCARTY@vm.epas.utoronto.ca>
Subject: encoding standards for hypertext?

(2) Date: Fri, 07 Sep 90 10:29:40 EDT (14 lines)
From: Jan Eveleth <EVELETH@YALEVM>
Subject: Tustep software

(3) Date: Fri, 7 Sep 90 15:32:05 EDT (13 lines)
From: djb@harvunxw.BITNET (David J. Birnbaum)
Subject: Re: 4.0459 Responses: TACT ...

Date:(4) Thu, 06 Sep 90 23:15:48 EDT (1 lines)
From: Willard McCarty <MCCARTY@vm.epas.utoronto.ca>

Two colleagues and I are developing Macintosh software for scholarly
note-taking. It will surprise no one, I suspect, that we are using
hypertextual techniques for connecting notes to each other. We are now
at the point at which it would be useful to know what work has been done
on standards for encoding hypertextual links. If there are any
front-runners, we'd be inclined to choose one and follow it. If there
are any cogent arguments for or against any scheme, we'd like to
consider them.

As always, forgive ignorance of the obvious, but please point it out!

Willard McCarty